EEC Networking Center for Industry 4.0 Workforce and Technology Development
EEC Automation Park is a human development and technology transfer center for Industry Automation. At EEC Automation Park, we believe in the transformative power of Industry 4.0 which will bridge the gap between operational technology and information technology that will lead to increased productivity, improved efficiency, safer workplaces, reduced factory lead times, and the list goes on.
Our goal is to be an alliance network that brings about the technology and innovation to the industry by means of industry 4.0 technology transfer, hands-on educating on industry 4.0, demand-supply technology matching and improving workforce skills to be in accordance with industry standards. With our location in the Eastern Economic Corridor (EEC), we can create the future and next generation workforce, which then can drive the technology and industry in Thailand to the better future.
- 22/11/18: The first meeting was held between Eastern Economic Corridor Human Development Center (EEC-HDC), Mitsubishi Electric Factory Automation Thailand (MELFT) and Burapha University to discuss about the creation of a human development center on industrial automation at Burapha University.
- 4/12/18: A meeting was held between MELFT and Burapha University to discuss about business directions for EEC Automation Park, and a specific area for the center, which the joining area of Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Engineering buildings was chosen.
- 28/2/19: A meeting was held between Mitsubishi Electric Corporation Factory Automation Systems Group executive board and Burapha University to discuss about EEC Automation Park strategies and the EEC Automation Park construction site visit was arranged.
- 20/03/19: A meeting to discuss about the development of an industrial automation human development center between educational institutions in the area was held with representatives from
- Burapha University
- Kasetsart University: Sriracha Campus
- Rajamangala University of Technology Tawan-ok (RMUTTO)
- King Mongkut’s University of Technology North Bangkok: Rayong Campus
- Rayong Technical College
- IRPC Technological College
- Eastern Technological College (E.Tech)
- Thai-German Institute (TGI)
- Institute for Skill Development Region 3 Chonburi
- 22/3/19: A memorandum of agreement (MOA) signing ceremony between Mitsubishi Electric Factory Automation Thailand (MELFT) and Burapha University was held at the Siam Kempinski hotel. Mr.Yutake Kawasaki, managing director of MELFT and Assoc. Prof. Dr. Somnuk Theerakulpisut, president of Burapha University, have signed the MOA to collaborate on the creation of EEC Automation Park, with Dr. Kanit Sangsubhan as an attesting witness.
- 3/5/19: A steering committee meeting was held at Burapha University with more than 15 institutions/organizations to plan collaboration between members of the network.
- 31/10/19: A meeting between Mitsubishi Electric Corporation Factory Automation Systems Group, Mitsubishi Electric Factory Automation Thailand (MELFT) and Burapha University was held with the following representatives from Mitsubishi Electric Corporation Factory Automation Systems Group.
1) Mr. Toshiya Takahashi Vice President of Factory Automation Group, Mitsubishi Electric
2) Mr. Hajime Sugiyama Factory Automation System Group, Industrial IOT Evangelist.
3) Mr. Wichiene Ngamsukkasemsri Managing Director of Mitsubishi Electric FA (Thailand)
4) Mr. Norimichi Yahagi Director of Mitsubishi Electric FA (Thailand).
- 13/12/19: A steering committee for strategic planning and the steering committee was extended to expand collaboration from more partners.
- 4/3/19: The first phase of EEC Automation Park construction was started with the Learning Center to host the smart factory model line from Mitsubishi Electric Factory Automation Thailand (MELFT).
- 18/9/19: “A Collaboration for Workforce Improvement” will be held at EEC Automation Park to announce the EEC Automation Park collaborative network.
Automation Park representative has also joined subcommittee in Manufacturing Automation and Robotics Academy (MARA) and Center of Robotics Excellence (CoRE) to strengthen collaboration between various organizations and institutions.